App crashing on start

Ans

07 Jun, 2012 12:00 PM

I followed the instruction to integrate airbrake into my iOS app; When I run it my app crashed at addButtonWithTitle method in GCAlertView.m file; Find attach screenshot;
Has anyone else experience the same issue? suggest if I'm missing something; Kindly help;

1. 2 Posted by calebdavenport on 07 Jun, 2012 05:30 PM

I don't know why this would be happening. Could you give us some more information?

• Xcode version
    • SDK version
    • Compiler in use
    • Any compiler flags set on the Airbrake files (currently does not support ARC)

You should also be running with zombies enabled in debug mode. It is possible that you are over-releasing something elsewhere in the app and the segmentation fault is manifesting itself here.

Caleb

2. 3 Posted by Ans on 07 Jun, 2012 08:18 PM

Thanks for reply; Here are the details of my machine;
    Xcode version: 4.2 (build: 4C199)
    SDK version: iOS 5.0
    Compiler in use: Apple LLVM compiler 3.0
    No flags were for airbrake;

I just downloaded the library and read your configuration document to integrate it in my application;
    Attach are screenhots of how I'm integrating it; Kindly guide if I'm missing anything; Am I using correct library files? Please see in attachment and let me know;

3. 4 Posted by calebdavenport on 07 Jun, 2012 08:58 PM

Are you running Snow Leopard? I'm not seeing anything wrong at first glance but I will try and replicate your setup this evening. Have you tried running our sample project? That should build and run without issue.

4. 5 Posted by Ans on 07 Jun, 2012 09:05 PM

Yes, I'm using snow Leopard; attach is details of my machine; I have MacBook Pro;

I tried to raised a test exception using [ABNotifier writeTestNotice] method, but how can I use airbrake in my code? like except integration instruction, I din't find anything about it over your site (seems my fault I din't search well) can you kindly share some sample code how I can push exceptions from code to airbrake? I used startNotifierWithAPIKey method in my app delegate and implemented notifierDidLogException method too (thinking I should have) Kindly guide me how I can capture exceptions in different view controllers using airbrake;

Regards;

5. 6 Posted by Ans on 07 Jun, 2012 09:46 PM

well I'm able to run my code and now aribrake is saving crash reports in my device; But I'm not getting the prompt alert box asking either to send the crash reports to developer or not .. what kind of method calls I need to implement in my code to show that alert box;;

Thanks in advance;

6. 7 Posted by mwhuss on 08 Jun, 2012 02:04 AM

Reset your simulator and see if it prompts you then.

7. 8 Posted by Ans on 08 Jun, 2012 05:10 AM

sorry but I'm getting the same crash again; Last night It started working fine and was storing the crashlogs inside my device but this morning it again crashing on same code lines; Any other possibility for this crash? Did you look into my library files? Am I using the right and complete library?

8. 9 Posted by calebdavenport on 10 Jun, 2012 03:51 AM

All of your settings look right. It should be just a drop in installation.
    Have you tried running our sample app? Have you tried running your app with
    zombies enabled? You are getting segmentation faults which usually result
    in memory management problems. Check that you are not over-releasing any
    resources.

Caleb Davenport

@iMacthere4iam
    http://caleb.dvnprt.me
    http://guicocoa.com

9. 10 Posted by Ryan on 18 Feb, 2013 06:22 PM

Hello, we are currently revisiting tickets that seem that have been resolved. If you have any further questions let us know. Send an Email to
    [email blocked].

Thanks,
    Ryan

10. Ryan closed this discussion on 18 Feb, 2013 06:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac