Not receiving email notifications

gennady

06 Jul, 2011 12:34 AM

I have the "Receive email notifications of errors?" checkbox checked on my settings, and I see that there are errors in the release environment, but I'm not receiving any email notifications. Is there a way to check whether they're going out?

1. 2 Posted by Gabe Berke-Williams on 06 Jul, 2011 05:58 PM

Hi,
    You're not on the bounce list, so mail should be delivered. Can you try sending a test notification via rake hoptoad:test and see if mail is delivered for that?
    Thanks,
    Gabe

2. 3 Posted by gennady on 06 Jul, 2011 10:19 PM

This is an iPad app, not a rails app. I'm using http://hoptoadapp.com/pages/ios-notifier

3. 4 Posted by Harold Gimenez on 06 Jul, 2011 11:24 PM

Hi there,

we don't send you an email for every exception received, but rather for any new errors that we haven't seen in the system before. So if the exceptions coming in are duplicates of prior errors, we will not notify you. Instead we will group it together with prior instances of the error and display it as such in the UI. More on that here: http://help.hoptoadapp.com/kb/troubleshooting-2/new-error-emails

Could this be what's happening in your case? That the same error keeps getting reported, and therefore you don't receive a notification?

Thanks

4. 5 Posted by gennady on 07 Jul, 2011 05:35 PM

Possibly. For a while it was set up with a bad email address. The errors since I fixed the email address all have counts greater than 1. I'll keep an eye on it and see if new errors arise that I don't get emails for. Thanks!

5. 6 Posted by Harold Gimenez on 07 Jul, 2011 05:37 PM

Sounds good.

Also be aware that if you set the error as Resolved, and receive the
    error again, you will be notified via email. So that may be an easy
    way to find out.

6. gennady closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2012 08:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac