Capacity Issues?

johnf

18 Jun, 2012 11:12 AM

Are there currently capacity issues?

I'm seeing API requests like deployment notifications take up to 10 seconds. That's HTTP time, i.e. ignoring any ruby/rails start up time.

I'm seeing similar things for notifier.js. It can take 6-10 seconds to load which is making my app look slow. I can probably move it later in the load but right now I'm just considering turning it off.

Cheers,
John

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Morgan on 18 Jun, 2012 08:43 PM

Hello John,

Thank you for raising this issue with us. I am sorry the speeds are slowing down your app and taking so long. I have added your email and linked your ticket to both the notifier.js speeds ticket and the slow api activity ticket. You will be notified with any major updates. Thank you for your patience!

From,
    Morgan

2. Morgan closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2012 08:43 PM.

3. johnf re-opened this discussion on 27 Jun, 2012 04:38 PM

4. 3 Posted by johnf on 27 Jun, 2012 04:38 PM

Hi Morgan,

Are these tickets online anywhere with a history. I looked around and couldn't find anything.

I really love Airbrake, it works really well for us, but as a paying customer I really need to see more information on this issue. I have concerns that that there is nothing on your status page with relation to this issue if it is in fact widespread.

I really don't want to leave you guys, but if things don't improve soon I'm going to have to go elsewhere.

Cheers,
    John

5. Support Staff 4 Posted by Morgan on 27 Jun, 2012 07:16 PM

Hi John,

Sorry the tickets I spoke of earlier are internal tickets for the development team to handle.
    Are you still experiencing slow http times for your API requests. Are you using a custom notifier or the requests we provided in http://help.airbrake.io/kb/api-2/api-overview. Have the notifier.js times improved at all? I am able to load the notifier in about 170ms when visiting the http://airbrake.io/javascripts/notifier.js page.
    Please let me know what your current times are for these processes.

From,
    Morgan

6. 5 Posted by johnf on 28 Jun, 2012 04:39 PM

Hi Morgan,

I'm using the airbrake gem. The notifier.js seems to have improved. However I was just performing a deploy and the rake task to notiify about the deploy took over 10 seconds to complete.

Any chance of a blog post explaining what problems if any airbrake is having and what is being done to address them. Or is it just me having these problems.

Assuming not then I think if the user base new you guys were working hard to fix it and it's going to be fixed by X, we'd all hang in there.

Cheers,
    John

7. Support Staff 6 Posted by Morgan on 29 Jun, 2012 09:54 PM

Hi John,
    We have just released a new version of the airbrake gem 3.1.2 Please update to the newest version of the gem as it may contain a fix for your issue. also may I please see the full output of:

rake airbrake:deploy --trace

This may help the development team and I to figure out what the problem is. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
    Morgan

8. 7 Posted by Ryan on 18 Feb, 2013 06:35 PM

Hello, we are currently revisiting tickets that seem that have been resolved. If you have any further questions let us know. Send an Email to
    [email blocked].

Thanks,
    Ryan

9. Ryan closed this discussion on 18 Feb, 2013 06:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac