What triggers a new email?
Airbrake will send you an email notification for a new error or for new occurrence of an error previously marked as resolved. When an error comes in, we review information about the error to determine whether the error is a new error entirely, or just another occurrence of an error we've previously seen. We currently review...
- The error class of the error
- The file in which the error occurred
- The line number at which the error occurred
- The action that was running when the error occurred
- The controller that the action is in
- The RAILS_ENV that was set when the error occurred
We also explicitly do not send emails for the following errors, as they are far to common and would just become noise:
If you "resolve" an error group from within the application, don't worry -- if it comes in again, we'll "unresolve" it, and send you another email to indicate that it's been re-opened. This is part of the benefit and purpose behind the resolved feature. You should be able to remove from your immediate view anything you believe is dealt with, but have the confidence to know that you'll see it again if it's actually not done with, or it comes up again in the future because of further changes.